Soft Cheese Kit
Makes 11 types of soft curd cheese.
Our Soft Cheese Kit makes eleven delicious, homemade cheeses:
- Lemon Cheese
- Yoghurt Cheese
- Queso Blanco
- Crème Fraiche
- Fromage Blanc
- Neufchatel: (American)
- Cream Cheese
- Quark (In a Bottle)
- Bondon Cheese
The kit comes with a detailed easy to follow directions demystifying all the steps in the cheesemaking process, and can be used with regular full cream milk, straight from the supermarket, in easy to handle 2 and 4 litre quantities, depending on which cheese you choose to make.
Making Soft Cheese is fun and easy, and most soft cheeses are made with these simple steps;
- Milk is warmed
- Cheese making ingredients are added
- The milk coagulates into a single curd
- The curd is placed into cheese cloth and hung to drain off the whey
- The curd is sometimes pressed to remove more whey, with salting taking place before or after this process
- The cheese is refrigerated, and is often ready to be eaten immediately
This Kit Contains:
- Free 24 page Recipe / Instruction Booklet
- 200mm Dairy Thermometer
- Direct Set Mesophilic Soft Curd Starter Culture (100 litre sachet - from SACCO)
- Direct Set Mesophilic Hard Curd Starter Culture (200 litre sachet - from SACCO)
- 50 ml Liquid Vegetable Rennet (with dropper cap)
- 50 ml Calcium Chloride (with dropper cap)
- 250 gm Cheese Salt
- Reusable Tight Weave Cheese Cloth
- Free Sterile Jars
We ship these products Australia wide, however this kit contains ingredients that do require long term storage in a freezer, on arrival. Extended time out of a freezer will decrease the shelf life.
Shelf Life of Cultures:
When stored correctly freeze dried lactic cultures are typically viable long after any date on the pack.
|Room temperature||1 to 2 months|
|Refrigerator||6 to 12 months|
|Freezer||2 to 5 years|
|Brand||Green Living Australia|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Green Living Australia (QLD) Pty. Ltd. users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.