Italian Cheese Kit
This is an Advanced Cheese Kit, ideal for those with some cheese making experience.
The NEW Italian Cheese Kit Makes 6 Delicious Cheeses:
- Cultured Mozzarella
- Whey Ricotta
The kit comes with a detailed easy to follow directions demystifying all the steps in the cheesemaking process, and uses the time saving, convenient and simple to use direct inoculation method, and can be used with regular full cream milk, straight from the supermarket, in easy to handle 4 and 8 litre quantities, depending on which cheese you choose to make. We achieve excellent results using pasteurised and homogenised milk, straight from the supermarket.
How Does It Work?
Making cheese is fun and easy, and most cheeses are made with these simple steps. This is an advanced kit and some cheeses will have extra steps;
- Milk is warmed
- Starter culture and rennet are added
- The milk coagulates into a single curd
- The curd is cut and stirred to drain off whey
- The curd is sometimes heated and/or pressed, to remove even more whey
- The curd is moulded and shaped into a cheese, salting takes place before or after this process
- The cheese is matured or aged under controlled conditions
This Kit Contains:
- 24 page Recipe / Instruction Booklet
- 165 mm Cheese Mold, or Basket & Follower (This Australian made basket, or hoop, can also be used for Brie and Blue Cheeses)
- 200 mm Dairy Thermometer
- Two Reusable Loose Weave Cheese Cloths
- 250 gm Cheese Salt
- Block of Natural Cheese Wax
- 1 Natural Bristle Wax Brush
- 50 ml Calcium Chloride
- Rennet (Suitable for Vegetarians) (Up to 40 batches)
- 2 x Sachets of Direct Inoculation Thermophilic Hard Curd Starter Culture (24 doses in total - from SACCO)
- 20 gram Lipase
- Sample Duotest PH Test Strip
- Two Sterile Jars
You Will Need: (most of which can be found in your kitchen)
- Stainless steel pot to place your milk in large enough to hold eight to ten litres
- A second, larger pot to place your first pot in, to act as a water jacket, so you can indirectly heat your milk
- Large stainless steel or enamel colander
- Stainless steel perforated spoon
- Stainless steel curd knife
- Stainless steel ladle
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mini measuring spoons (optional)
- Somewhere to age your cheese (10 to 15 deg C)
How Much Does It Make?
All of these cheeses use the same culture, and our new kit comes with 2 sachets of culture containing a total of 24 doses. Make all of the cheeses, or make your favourite cheese 24 times. There is enough culture in this kit to make 24 batches of cheese and enough Rennet for almost double that!
How Do I Store My Ingredients?
We ship these products Australia wide, however this kit contains ingredients that do require long term storage in a freezer, on arrival. Extended time out of a freezer will decrease the shelf life.
Shelf Life of Cultures:
When stored correctly, freeze dried lactic cultures are typically viable long after any date on the pack.
Dosing Cheese Culture:
We are often asked "if my culture pack is enough for 100 litres, how do I work out how much to use for four or eight litres"?
Italian cheese kitBy: Karina on 14 August 2018What a pleasure to do business with! SUPER FAST SHIPPING! Speedy Gonzalez style!