Organic Shea Nut Body Butter Recipe
Organic Shea Nut Body Butter Directions
Nourish and soothe your skin with this rich and creamy body butter. Create a whipped nourishing butter that will add moisture back to your skin, leaving it feeling velvety soft.
- 3 x 200 ml Aluminium Jars & Lids
- Medium Sized Pot
- Standing or Hand Held Mixer
Step 1: Place the butter, oil and glycerine into a medium-sized pot on medium heat and stir until they melt and are evenly combined, keeping the oils below 50° c.
Step 2: Transfer mixture to a glass or metal mixing bowl and place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, or until the mixture begins to solidify to a gel consistency and becomes opaque and cloudy in appearance.
Step 3: Remove oils from the freezer and beat with a handheld or standing mixer for 20-30 minutes or until the mixture becomes light and fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl with a flexible spatula periodically to ensure the mixture is evenly whipped.
Step 4: Mix in the Vitamin E, a natural preservative, and blend for another 30 seconds to combine evenly with the mixture. This is also where you can add colour or scent.
Step 5: Scoop out finished body butter and distribute evenly into the provided aluminium jars. Store below 32° C away from direct light. Use within 12 months.
HINT: At Step 4 add your favourite pure essential oil such as Australian Sweet Orange Essential Oil or Lavender Essential Oil to give your body butter your own personal touch. You can even add a ‘pinch’ or two of colours such as a mica or clay. See our mini measuring spoons for amounts.
Attention: Children should always be supervised in the kitchen, especially when heating oils. Supervision is recommended.
- Replace the 50 g Cold Pressed Castor Oil with 50 g Jojoba Oil and add Peppermint Essential Oil for a tingly zing and some Shimmer Green Mica for a hint of minty class.
- Replace the 50 g Cold Pressed Castor Oil with 50 g Hempseed Oil and add Olive Green Australian Clay and Eucalyptus Essential Oil for a down to earth feel.
- Replace the 50 g Cold Pressed Castor Oil with 50 g Evening Primrose Oil and add Rose Geranium Essential Oil and Pink Lemonade Mica to give your body butter some old-world charm.
- Replace the 50 g Cold Pressed Castor Oil with 50 g Macadamia Oil and add Lavender Essential Oil and Pansy Mica for a calming effect during some much needed you time.