- 1.5kgs pears
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 medium to large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sultanas
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Peel, core and dice the pears into cubes of approximately 1-2cm.
- Place your vinegar and brown sugar into a pot and bring to the boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally to ensure that the sugar dissolves.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pot and return the mixture to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the chutney thickens and reduces by about 1/3. This will take about 2 hours.
- Remove your pot from the heat and fill your hot, sterilised jars with your chutney, being sure to leave a head space of about 2cm.
- Cap your jars with new lids and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove your jars from the boiling water bath with your jar lifter and place them on a tea towel on your kitchen counter and allow to cool.
- Once cool, label and store in your pantry.
Didn't find the information you need? Please try another category from the menu or use our search function to find what you are looking for. If you require further assistance please contact us.