- 1.35 kilos, 100mm. pickling cucumbers (about 36)
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 3 3/4 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pickling salt
- 12 - 18 heads fresh dill or 6 tbs dill seeds
- 1 tbs mustard seeds
- Thoroughly rinse cucumbers. Remove stems, cut off a slice from blossom ends. In large stainless steel, enamelled, or nonstick saucepan combine water, vinegar, and salt. Bring to boiling.
- Pack cucumbers loosely into hot, sterilized pint canning jars, leaving a 12 mm head space. Add 2 or 3 heads of dill or 1 tbs dill seeds and 1/2 tsp mustard seeds to each jar. Pour hot vinegar mixture over cucumbers, leaving a 12 mm head space. Wipe jar rims and adjust lids.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes (start timing when water returns to boil). Remove jars and cool on racks.
- Let stand one week.