Tangy Yoghurt Culture - 100 litres
Makes up to 100 litres of yoghurt!
This culture produces a really thick, smooth textured yoghurt, with a more acidic flavour than the Mild Yoghurt Culture.
Makes a wonderful, great tasting yoghurt that you are sure to love. Tangy flavour is just right for adult palates.
Costing just a few cents per litre, this culture will save you heaps versus buying yoghurt from the shops.
This pure yoghurt culture is guaranteed to be alive. As soon as you add it to your milk it starts to grow and multiply.
- It consists of specifically selected strains of:
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus
- Streptococcus thermophilus
- Making your own yoghurt is very economical as the culture is highly concentrated, and each sachet will make up to 100 one litre batches of yoghurt!
- This culture contains NO Bifidus, and is therefore OK for the SCD™ diet.
- This yoghurt is an absolute winner if you like a tangy, more acidic yoghurt! The extra tang makes this an ideal yoghurt for cooking, where you want the flavour of the yoghurt to come through.
- Please note: The longer you leave this yoghurt incubating, before refrigeration, the more acidic it will be. Don't forget it and leave it too long!
- Each sachet is supplied with two sterile jars to keep your culture safely in the freezer, and allow you to easily pick up just a small amount on the end of a knife.
- Free from gluten, peanut, sesame, eggs, celery, mustard, fish or shellfish, sulphites, lupine, soy, and is GMO Free.
Shelf Life of Cultures:
When stored correctly freeze dried lactic cultures are typically viable long after any date on the pack.
See Our Videos
How to store the culture and how much to use.
This system will help you get the best value out of our yoghurt cultures, kefir and probiotic veggie culture while helping protect the culture from moisture and contamination.
How to make dairy yoghurt.
Directions are supplied with the culture and you can see them on this site but sometimes just seeing it happen is the way to learn.
Tasty, neverfail, and great valueBy: Danieldp on 10 May 2022Have been eating the Tangy Yogurt Culture 7 days a week for years. When used with the electric yogurt maker, it's foolproof. I "cook" for 24 hours, and sometimes strain to make Greek yogurt (that my spouse loves). Me, I prefer the unstrained product, and love the slight tartness compared to the mild culture. It's hard to belive how little culture is needed; YES you do get 100 litres out of the pouch; and YES even producing 2 litres every 10 days (as I do) it will last close to 18 months, and the culture has no trouble staying viable right to the end. Outstanding product.
Just PerfectBy: Brendan on 18 April 2022I've used the Tangy Yoghurt Culture for years and recently purchased a new batch. Cost effective. So easy to use. Makes great tasting yoghurt. The culture lasts ages when stored in the freezer. In fact I'm just finishing up my last batch and it is 4 years old and still going strong. Highly recommend this product.
DelightfulBy: Gail Ferrier on 22 February 2022Tangy Yoghurt culture a breeze to use and a delight to eat final results. Recommend to all.
Tangy yoghurt cultureBy: Kass on 30 January 2022I love this tangy yoghurt. It is the perfect tangy, unsweetened product and I know what goes into it. Thank you Green Living
Tangy Youghurt CultureBy: Susan on 25 January 2022Love the yoghurt I have made using this culture. The "tang" is perfect for savoury and with the addition of fruit it is liked by the younger family members. It makes is a versatile yoghurt.
You May Also Like
Others Also Bought
More From This Category