Probiotic Vegetable & Dairy Culture - 100 litres/kgs
Ferment vegetables or add probiotics to yoghurtRated 5/5 based on 1 reviews.
Or 4 interest-free payments of $4.81 with Learn more.In Stock
This popular veggie culture is used to ferment vegetables and juices and can be added to milk products like yoghurt, providing additional live probiotics.
Please Note: Probiotic Vegetable & Dairy Culture will not make yoghurt on its own and must be used in addition to a yoghurt starter culture to make yoghurt.
This culture can be used to ferment vegetables, add probiotics to dairy products like yoghurt and make other healthy fermented foods and drinks.
Costing just pennies per litre / kilogram, this culture will save you heaps versus buying premade fermented foods from the shops.
Live Probiotic Bacteria
This pure probiotic culture is guaranteed to be alive. It starts fermenting as soon as you add it to your recipe, growing and multiplying rapidly.
Probiotic Vegetable & Dairy Culture can be used for adding probiotics to yoghurt or culturing and fermenting vegetables to make dishes such as Korean kimchi or German sauerkraut.
Probiotic Vegetable & Dairy Culture Contains:
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
and a selected strain of
- Lactobacillus plantarum
How Does It Work?
- Probiotic Vegetable & Dairy Culture is a protective culture inhibiting unwanted bacteria, yeasts and moulds.
- May be applied in probiotic products such as fermented milk products and in cultured vegetables.
- Multi-purpose probiotic culture that can be used to make probiotic products such as fermented milk products, including yoghurt and soft cheeses, or fermented food recipes such as saurkraut, kimchi, fermented juices, sauces and more.
- To add probiotics to dairy yoghurt, simply sprinkle the culture powder directly into your milk at the same time as you add your yoghurt starter culture, ensuring that the culture is well dispersed by gentle stirring.
How Much Does It Make?
- Each sachet will make up to 100 kilograms of fermented veggies.
- One sachet is also enough to add to 100 batches of yoghurt (1 litre batches).
- Making you own yoghurt into a probiotic yoghurt or making your own healthy fermented vegetables with this culture is very economical as the Probiotic Vegetable & Dairy Culture is highly concentrated.
- Each sachet is supplied with two sterile jars to keep your culture safely in the freezer and allow you to easily pick up just a small amount on the end of a knife.
- Free from gluten, peanut, sesame, eggs, celery, mustard, fish or shellfish, sulphites, lupine, soy, and is GMO Free.
Shelf Life of Cultures:
When stored correctly freeze dried lactic cultures are typically viable long after any date on the pack.
Making Fermented or Cultured Vegetables.
See Mortimer Pillon and Green Living Australia’s vegetable fermentation systems and see a batch of fermented veggies packed and started.
How to store the culture and how much to use.
This system will help you get the best value out of our yoghurt cultures, kefir and probiotic veggie culture, while helping protect the culture from moisture and contamination.
Probiotic vegetable cultureBy: Karen Holt on 25 March 2019This along with the kefir culture are great - very active and ferment exceptionally well. Also, delivery is quick in Queensland and well packed in a cool bag.