Pear and Raspberry Jam
- Peel the pears, remove their stems, cut them in two, core them, and cut them into small pieces.
- In a saucepan combine the pears, raspberries, sugar , and lemon juice.
- Bring to a simmer. Skim, if necessary.
- Add pectin and continue cooking on high heat for about ten minutes, stirring gently. Skim of any foam carefully, if necessary.
- Check the set. I do this by putting a plate in the fridge. I place a little of the mixture on the cold plate and return it to the fridge. When it has cooled to room temperature, I check to see if it has gelled.
- Put jam into hot jars immediately and seal with new lids. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
See these instructions plus photographs of the steps on Valerie's Blog.
This category is empty! Please try another category or use our search function to find what you are looking for. If you require further assistance please contact us.