- Lip Safe
- Eye Safe
- Soap Stable
Basic Bronzer - Free Recipe
- 1 teaspoon kaolin clay
- 1/8 teaspoon brown iron oxide
- Half to 1 teaspoon bronzing mica*
- See What Colour Suits You below for colour options
- Mix all ingredients in a spice grinder for 1 minute or place into a plastic bag and blend together using your fingers for 5 minutes.
- Place in a sifter jar and apply with a blush or kabuki brush to cheeks, shape around the face, and dust on the top of shoulders and collarbones for a sun-kissed glow.
Note: If you do not blend your bronzer enough, the iron oxide will leave streaks of brown on your face when you apply it. Ensure you mix and crush the powder rather than shake it to form a smooth powder that glides easily onto your skin.
What colour suits you?
Choosing the right bronzing mica is important. I recommend getting two different tones so you can blend them together if needed. Here are some suggestions to get your started.
- For fair to medium fair skin tones: Chestnut Brown Mica and Chrome Bronze Mica
- For medium beige skin tones: Chrome Bronze Mica and Bronze Mica
- For olive and mocha skin tones: Bronze Mica, Red Clay Satin Mica and Royal Gold Mica
- For darker skin tones: Bronze Mica, Red Clay Satin Mica, and Black Gold Mica
- For very dark skin tones: Dark Brown Mica and Black Gold Mica
Others Also Bought