Making sourdough bread at home;
- Use 1/4 of a gram of culture to make 1 kg of pre-dough.
- Feed your predough and keep it alive for months or even years.
- Start a new predough whenever you want.
- Use different types of flour to enhance your sourdough making.
This Sourdough Starter Culture is a mixture of multiple strains of bacteria, which together ensure a uniform and controlled production of sourdough for the preparation of bread.
- Five Lactobacillus strains
- Leuconostoc mesenteroides
- Two Pediococcus strains
Gluten, peanut, sesame, eggs, celery, mustard, fish or shellfish, sulphites, lupine, soy, and is GMO Free.
- 5 gram sachet of culture
- A sterile storage jar
The sachet includes 5 grams of freeze dried, powdered culture. 1/4 gram of culture is enough to make 1 kg of pre-dough.
For detailed instructions, please see our Sourdough Directions
Sourdough cultureBy: Suzana on 21 May 2019Fantastic! I was expecting my very first few sourdough breads would be a flop, but no. It turned out perfect. Lovely and soft, even though i used 100% wholewheat spelt flour. I am impressed. Thank you for making what could have been a long process quick and easy!