Kiwi 3 Spinning Wheel with Folding Treadles - Lacquered
Ashford's most popular wheel - the Kiwi - has evolved!
Stock Status: Ashford production has been affected by Covid shutdowns and international supply delays. Supply of some larger items such as looms and spinning wheels may be by pre-order. The stock status is updated weekly. If the web page indicates you can Add to Cart the product was available for immediate shipping when last updated. If the web page indicates a Pre-Order Date, placing your order locks in your place in the queue at the factory in New Zealand and your order will be shipped directly to you from the factory as soon as it is manufactured and tested. The actual supply date may vary from the pre-order date due to circumstances beyond Ashford's control.
The new Kiwi 3 has folding treadles, a timber veneered MDF wheel, three speed whorl and a wooden threading hook! With all the great features of the Kiwi 2, the enhanced Kiwi 3 will be even more in demand from new and experienced spinners everywhere.
- Robust construction, quick and easy to assemble with the Allen key supplied
- Scotch tension for precise tension adjustment
- Double treadle, mounted on polyurethane hinges, for effortless treadling
- 3-speed whorl with 5.5, 7.5 and 9.5:1 flyer ratios
- Sliding hook flyer with frictionless yarn guides
- Quick and easy bobbin change with snap-in front flyer bearing
- Folding treadles for convenient transport and storage
- Timber veneered MDF wheel with ball bearings ensure smooth, silent spinning
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Ashford Kiwi 3By: Kathryn Leyshon on 19 April 2019This is my first spinning wheel but I couldn't be happier with it. It came in a flat pack from the manufacturer in NZ, carefully wrapped with all the parts. The assembly instructions were clear very easy to follow. The wheel is beautifully made with a lot of care taken with detail. When assembling, every piece lined up and fitted perfectly together. It is very easy to use and runs smoothly. It is a fantastic compact design and I love that the treadles fold up. It is easy to store and just as easy to transport. I easily fit it into my small car to take it to a spinning group. Ashford also include little extras in the box: an instructional 'how to' booklet, some fleece to spin and a copy of their magazine.