Cheese Wax - Red - 1 kg
The cheese wax will keep the cheese from drying out, andRated 5/5 based on 1 reviews.
Cheese wax is used to cover many types of hard cheeses for aging. The cheese wax will keep the cheese from drying out and stop unwanted bacteria and mould from coming into contact with the aging cheese, and it looks good too. 1 kg of wax can be used to wax many cheeses.
How to store your cheese wax:
How to wax a cheese:
- Valerie suggests you dedicate a low cost saucepan to waxing. This pot is known as your wax pot.
- Place the wax into a low cost or even a secondhand pot with a lid and heat until it has completely melted. Keep an eye on the pot as wax is flammable.
- Allow the wax to cool and store in your wax pot with the lid on.
- Now your wax pot is ready to use whenever you need to wax a cheese!
Does waxing seem like a lot of work and you want a simple alternative? Try vacuum packing your cheeses!
- Melt the wax in your wax pot. Keep an eye on the pot as wax is flammable.
- Once the wax has melted, dip one side of the cheese wheel into the wax. Then dip the opposite side in. Continue to turn and dip the cheese until all sides of the wheel are covered.
- Allow the wax to cool and set on the cheese before laying it down.
- Inspect your cheese for any spots where the wax is very thin or missing.
- Use a Cheese Wax Brush made with sustainable wood handles and natural food grade bristles to fill in missing sections. Do not use a brush with synthetic fibres, as the temperature of the hot wax may melt synthetic bristles.
Cheese wax - redBy: karina jenkins on 17 September 2018Excellent quality, easy to use, super fast shipping and excellent customer service