Brooklyn Four Shaft Loom - 40 cm
Stock Status: Ashford production has been affected by Covid shutdowns and international supply delays. Supply of some larger items such as looms and spinning wheels may be by pre-order. The stock status is updated weekly. If the web page indicates you can Add to Cart the product was available for immediate shipping when last updated. If the web page indicates a Pre-Order Date, placing your order locks in your place in the queue at the factory in New Zealand and your order will be shipped directly to you from the factory as soon as it is manufactured and tested. The actual supply date may vary from the pre-order date due to circumstances beyond Ashford's control.
Ashford is super excited to announce the launch of their latest multi-shaft table loom.
This loom has been designed to be an economic stepping-stone for rigid heddle weavers who are ready to expand their weaving skills and explore the wonderful world of multi-shaft weaving. The Brooklyn loom has been designed to be the ideal classroom loom. It makes weaving multi-shaft patterns simple and easy.
The Brooklyn Four Shaft Loom provides new and experienced weavers with all the features they need to weave amazing fabric.
- Large beam-to-beam depth of 73cm (28 1⁄2") the same as all our table looms.
- Smooth, quiet overhead beater with auto bounce-back for even beating at the fell.
- Generous rising shed.
- Smooth action levers for light and easy pattern changes.
- Texsolv cord lifts shafts evenly from both sides through frictionless nylon loom cord guides and allows easy shaft height adjustment.
- A total of 320 Texsolv 22cm (8 1⁄2") heddles are supplied giving 80 heddles per shaft, enough for a balanced 20epi weave.
- Stainless steel 10dpi reed.
- The beater will accept over-width reeds and can be locked for warping.
- Strong 40 teeth nylon ratchets, handles and clicker pawls allow comfortable warp tension and control.
- Rubber feet to keep your loom from moving when weaving.
- Kit includes 2 shuttles, 5 cross/warp sticks, 10 cardboard warp separating sticks, a threading hook and a full step-by-step colour assembly, warping and weaving instruction booklet.
- The loom is made using strong beech hardwood with ply sides that combine to make the Brooklyn Four Shaft Loom robust, light and easy to move.
- Quick and easy to assemble.
- Choose to leave natural or finish with Ashford Finishing Wax Polish, oil, lacquer or decorate to your preference.