Pot Set Milk Powder Yoghurt
This recipe makes a really thick, greek style, pot set yoghurt using using our Mild or Tangy yoghurt cultures and powdered milk.
You will need the following items
- A yoghurt maker or a jar large enough to hold one litre of milk.
- A stainless steel pot or glass jug if planning to heat the milk in a microwave.
- Dairy thermometer.
- An esky to put the jar in or a blanket and a warm spot if you do not have a yoghurt maker.
- 1 Litre water
- Enough powdered milk for 1 litre, plus an extra 1/3rd of a cup.
- 3 drops of calcium chloride -- Optional
- 1 dose of Yoghurt Starter Culture
(Up to 100 doses per sachet culture)
Note: The amount of culture used for one litre is VERY SMALL.
Mix the milk powder into water warmed to 40°, or use cold water and then heat to 40° C. Add your starter culture and mix well to ensure the culture is evenly distributed.
Pour your milk into the yoghurt maker, or jar you have selected. Maintain the milk mixture between 37° and 43° C for 8-12 hours, or even longer.