Sugar Free Strawberry Jam with Xylitol
This is a No-Sugar Jam, Made With Xylitol
These directions use Low Methylester Pectin which is a special type of pectin that does not require sugar to set. Instead, it requires calcium. This calcium comes with the pectin, along with full and easy instructions on how to mix your calcium water required in this recipe. We also have a video on making calcium water.
- Gather your clean 250 ml jars and ensure you have matching new lids.
- Wash, hull and chop your strawberries. Place them into your preserving pan and give them a mash with a potato masher to release some of the juice and natural pectin. Place your pot on the heat and bring the strawberries to the boil.
- In the meantime, time mix your low methylester pectin with the xylitol.
- Slowly add your xylitol/pectin mixture, stirring constantly to ensure that it is evenly distributed throughout your fruit mixture.
- Add your lemon juice and calcium water and mix in well.
- Using a high heat and stirring occasionally, bring your jam mixture to a full rolling boil and boil for one minute. Remove from the heat
- Using a ladle and jar funnel place your jam into your hot, sterilised 250 ml jars, leaving a two centimetre headspace. Clean the rims of the jar to ensure you get a good clean seal and cap with your sterilised lids.
- Process your filled jars in a boiling water bath for ten minutes.
- Remove from the water too cool. Label and store in the pantry.
See How to Make Calcium Water
Didn't find the information you need? Please try another category from the menu or use our search function to find what you are looking for. If you require further assistance please contact us.