Yoghurt Cheese or Labneh Recipe
Author: Valerie Pearson Date Posted:16 March 2017
- 1 litre of natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp of cheese salt (or to taste)
- Line a colander with tight weave cheesecloth and transfer the yoghurt into it.
- Gather the four corners of the cloth to make a bag and suspend over a bowl to catch the whey which drips through. This whey may be used for bread making, or other cooking.
- Drain for 12 to 24 hours, or until the whey has stopped dripping from the bag.
- Remove the cheese from the bag and place it into a bowl and mix in your salt.
- Store in the refrigerator in a air tight container for up to 2 weeks.