Sugar Free Strawberry Jam Recipe
Author: Valerie Pearson Date Posted:18 March 2017
- 1 Kg Strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 100 grams stevia
- 2 teaspoons of Pomona’s Pectin
- Prepare your 250ml jars and lids by sterilizing them in boiling water for five minutes.
- Wash and hull your strawberries. Place them into your preserving pan and give them a mash with a potato masher to release some of the juice and natural pectin.
- Add your lemon juice and calcium water and mix in well.
- In a separate bowl mix your Pomona’s pectin and stevia together.
- Place your preserving pan on the stove and heat your strawberry mixture to a full rolling boil. Slowly add your stevia-pectin mixture, stirring constantly. Bring your jam back to a full rolling boil and once there remove it from the heat.
- Place your jam into your hot, sterilized 250 ml jars, leaving a one and a half centimetre headspace. Clean the rims of the jar, to ensure you get a good clean seal and cap with your sterilized lids.
- Process in a boiling water bath for five minutes.