Sugar Free Plum Jam
Author: Valerie Pearson Date Posted:3 May 2017
1 kg Red Plums, stoned and chopped
500g to 700 grams Xylitol (to taste)
2 Teaspoons Pomona’s Pectin
2 Teaspoons Calcium Water
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Place the plums into a thick-based pot on the stove. Cook down for 5-10 minutes until the fruit has softened. Add a little water if necessary to stop it sticking
- Mix xylitol and pectin together and add to your plums in the pot, while stirring. Mix until the sugar & pectin has dissolved into the fruit.
- Add the lemon juice and calcium water.
- Bring mixture to the boil and cook for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Bottle into hot, clean glass jars using new lids. Ensure rims are clean before closing lids.
- Preserve your jars using the boiling water bath method and label with the processing date. Store below 30oC in the pantry and eat within two years.
Note: Due to the low sugar content of low and no sugar jams, they do not store well outside of the fridge unless they have been properly preserved using the boiling water bath method. Once jars are opened store in the fridge below 5°C and eat within 2 weeks.