Author: Valerie Pearson Date Posted:6 June 2014
- One batch of home made ricotta
- One egg
- Enough flour to make a soft dough
- Pot of boiling salted water
- Put a large pot of water onto the stove, add a teaspoon of salt and bring this water to the boil.
- In a mixing bowl add one egg to your batch of ricotta and mix on low speed, or by hand.
- Add the flour, one quarter of a cup at a time, until you have a soft dough of the correct consistency and it is ready to turn out of your bowl onto a lightly floured surface.
- Kneed the dough, adding additional four as needed, until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky.
- Divide the dough into several small portions and then roll the dough into thin log about 1.5 cm thick. Cut into 2 cm pieces and set them aside ready to go into you boiling salted water.
- Add your prepared gnocchi to the boiling water one batch at a time, being sure not to overcrowd them. Cook for three minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the cooked gnocchi from the boiling water and allow to drain in a colander.
- Continue to cook the remaining gnocchi, one batch at a time, until all the gnocchi is cooked.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.