Cocoa Body Butter Recipe
Author: Valerie Pearson Date Posted:21 March 2017
- 3 x 200 ml Aluminium Jars & Lids
- Medium Sized Pot
- Standing or Hand Held Mixer
- Place the butter, oil and glycerine into a medium sized pot on medium heat and stir until they melt and are evenly combined, keeping the oils below 50°C. Alternatively, place in a microwave safe bowl and heat in a microwave for 1-2 minutes on high until melted and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a glass or metal mixing bowl and place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, or until the mixture begins to solidify to a gel consistency and becomes opaque and cloudy in appearance.
- Remove oils from the freezer and beat with a hand held or standing mixer for 20-30 minutes or until the mixture becomes light and fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl with a flexible spatula periodically to ensure the mixture is evenly whipped.
- Mix in the Vitamin E, a natural preservative, and blend for another 30 seconds to combine evenly with mixture. This is also where you can add colour or scent.
- Scoop out finished body butter and distribute evenly into the provided aluminium jars. Store below 32°C away from direct light.Use within 12 months.