Cherries in Brandy Recipe
Author: Valerie Pearson Date Posted:19 March 2017
- 1 Kg Cherries.
- 350 grams caster sugar, more or less.
- 700 ml brandy, more or less.
- Prepare your 250ml jars and lids by sterilizing them in boiling water for five minutes.
- Wash your cherries, remove the stems but do not pit them.
- Place your Cherries into your jars, packing them in well, but not squashing any of the fruit.
- Evenly distribute the sugar between the 6 jars of cherries. This is about three table spoons of sugar each.
- Top the jars up with brandy, leaving a head space of one cm. Clean the rims of the jar, to ensure you get a good clean seal and cap with your sterilized lids.
- Process your filled jars in a boiling water bath for five minutes.
- Alternatively, if you did not pre sterilize your jars and lids, process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.